Kansas Forest Service Advisory Council
The purpose of the Advisory Council is to enhance communication to all sectors of Kansas regarding programs of the Kansas Forest Service and to advise on the public and private needs and requirements relating to Kansas Forest Service programs and program directions.
Specifically the Council:
- Reviews Kansas Forest Service programs and budgets and makes recommendations to the State Forester, the University, the Legislature and the Governor regarding the needs of the Kansas Forest Service and the adequacy of its programs and budgets.
- Serves as a sounding board for new programs and consult with and advises the State Forester about programs and priorities.
- Provides the Kansas Forest Service with expertise gained in the administration of other organizations relative to the administrative operations of the Kansas Forest Service.
- Assists in making services and capabilities of the Kansas Forest Service known throughout Kansas.
- Serves as a vehicle for recommending new legislation through appropriate state agencies relative to the mission of the Kansas Forest Service.
- Recommends policy to the State Forester and Kansas State University’s Department Head for Horticulture, Forestry, and Recreation Resources with respect to operational matters.
Kansas Forestry Service Advisory Council Members:
|Lynn Miller||Director of Parks and Recreation, Beloit, KS|
|Crystal Miles||Forestry and Horticulture Manager, City of Lawerence|
|John Strickler||Former Executive Director, Kansas Association for Conservation and Environmental Education (KACEE), Manhattan, KS|
|Brad Loveless||Manager, Biology and Conservation Programs, Westar Energy, Topeka, KS|
|Kris Knight||Director of Conservation, Kansas Nature Conservation Conservancy|
|Jim Krueger||Kansas Association of Conservation Districts|
|Natural Resource Group|
|Jared McJunkin||Conservation Field Supv, Western Region, National Wild Turkey Federation|
|Steve Swaffar||Director, No-Till on the Plains, Berryton, KS|
|Carolyn Turney||Chair, Kansas Forestry Association. Landowner, Lyons County, Emporia, KS|
|Calvin Kissick||Forest Landowner, Sedgwick County KS|
|Senator Tom Hawk||Kansas Senate, District 22; Home County - Riley|
|Rep. Melissa Rooker||Kansas House of Representatives, District 25, Fairway, KS - Johnson Co.|
|Bob Kepka||Chief, Ellsworth Rural Fire Department, Ellsworth, KS|
|Doug Schmitt||Riley County Fire Department|
|Alan Eckley||Vice President, American Walnut Company, St. Joseph, MO|
|Kent Glasscock||President, KSU Institute for Commercialization|