Kansas Forest Service Advisory Council
The purpose of the Advisory Council is to enhance communication to all sectors of Kansas regarding programs of the Kansas Forest Service and to advise on the public and private needs and requirements relating to Kansas Forest Service programs and program directions.
Specifically the Council:
- Reviews Kansas Forest Service programs and budgets and makes recommendations to the State Forester, the University, the Legislature and the Governor regarding the needs of the Kansas Forest Service and the adequacy of its programs and budgets.
- Serves as a sounding board for new programs and consult with and advises the State Forester about programs and priorities.
- Provides the Kansas Forest Service with expertise gained in the administration of other organizations relative to the administrative operations of the Kansas Forest Service.
- Assists in making services and capabilities of the Kansas Forest Service known throughout Kansas.
- Serves as a vehicle for recommending new legislation through appropriate state agencies relative to the mission of the Kansas Forest Service.
- Recommends policy to the State Forester and Kansas State University’s Department Head for Horticulture, Forestry, and Recreation Resources with respect to operational matters.
2022 Kansas Forestry Service Advisory Council Members
Director of Parks and Recreation, Beloit, KS
Senior Program Manager, Bridging The Gap/Heartland Tree Alliance
Retired Kansas Forest Service Forester
Secretary, KS Department Wildlife and Parks, Topeka, KS
Executive Director, Kansas Association of Conservation Districts
|Natural Resource Group|
Dir. Conservation Operations, Central, National Wild Turkey Federation
District Biologist, National Wild Turkey Federation
Public Policy Director, Kansas Farm Bureau
Carolyn Turney (Chair)
Landowner, Lyon County, Emporia, KS. Past Chair, KS Forestry Association, Kansas Tree Farm Committee Chair
Forest Landowner, Sedgwick County KS
Senator Elaine Bowers
Kansas Senate, District 36; Concordia, KS
Representative Stephen Owens
Kansas House, District 74, Hesston, KS
Assistant Chief, Hays Fire Department, Hays, KS
Chief, Soldier Township Fire Department, Shawnee County
Landscape Program Manager, The Nature Conservancy
Vice President, American Walnut Company, St. Joseph, MO