1. Kansas Forest Service
  2. »Fire Management
  3. »Prescribed Fire Contractors

Kansas Forest Service

Kansas Forest Service
2610 Claflin Road
Manhattan, KS 66502

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Prescribed Fire Contractors

These individuals or companies* are available for hire as prescribed fire contractors.

Farr Farms LLC

Alex Farr
P.O. Box 706 
Palmer Lake, Colorado

Bitter Creek Range Management

Robert Larson
3212 NW Forest City Road Medicine Lodge, KS
67104 620-886-9822 Office
620-886-0776 Cell


Global Frontline Solutions

Archie Stone PO Box 1032
Fritch, TX 79036


Ranchland Development, Inc.

Roland Spencer PO Box 613
Winfield, KS 67156
620-221-2200 Work
785-483-0329 Cell
800-324-0042 Toll-free


Delaney Farm Service Inc.

Deone Delaney
PO Box 5 
Utica, KS 67584
785-391-2304 Work
785-731-7000 Cell


The Burn Pros

Jay Carmichael
2321 Dearborn st
Augusta, Ks 67010

Fire 4 Hire

Nathan Brunner, Leonard Jirak
325 Lincoln Street
Tampa, KS 67483
785-366-3682 (Nathan)
620-203-8081 (Leonard)

Grassland Management, LLC

Martin Lohrke
17088 SW 100th Street
Nashville, KS 67112

Rangeland Fire Specialists, LLC

John Weir
29680 County Road 40
Orlando, OK 73073

Robert Swonger

Bloom, KS 67865


Mark Masters
13101 S. Penn Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73170
877-245-6382 ext. 3614

Crossroads Prescribed Burning

2333 C. Detroit St.
Abilene, KS 67410
785 -479-7111


These individuals are available to provide free or for-hire consulting services, with specific expertise in prescribed fire. They can assist with writing burn plans and other aspects of preparing to conduct a safe and effective burn, but will not actually perform the burning.

Dr. Walt Fick

Extension Specialist in rangeland and pasture management
Throckmorton Hall, KSU Manhattan, KS 66506 Phone: (785) 532-7223


Dr. Robert Nicholson

Certified Rangeland Management Consultant


Ray Guse

Smoked Goose Consulting 6 Farver Lane
Tonasket, WA 98855
Phone: 509-322-5542


USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS)

Assistance in writing burn plans and related activities.
Contact your county NRCS service  center,  or visit  for further  information or to be put in contact with a specialist.


*This contact information is provided as a courtesy and service, and while every effort has been made to verify accuracy of information, it may change without our knowledge. Listings do not constitute endorsement of these providers, and do not imply that they are the only source of help.